This position requires an employment law specialization to represent the Company in employment legal claims and lawsuits. Experience with employment law is strongly preferred; prior in-house experience and/or class action experience are a plus. The ultimate objective of this position is to minimize the legal exposure of the Company in any such employment legal matters. This role will be located in Orange, CA.
Additional duties include:
- Advises and consults with managers and other departments on various HR and employment legal issues, and educates internal clients on proactive measures and approaches to reducing all potential legal exposure.
- Litigates federal, state, and local employment law and lawsuits involving Home Depot.
- Manages outside counsel on handling employment claims and lawsuits.
- Advises various departments and managers on a diverse range of HR and employment legal issues in a fast paced retail environment. Supervises and conducts appropriate legal research for all pending legal work.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Defends employment claims and lawsuits involving Home Depot.
- Collaborates and interacts with outside counsel regarding claims, lawsuits, et. al.
- Advises various departments and managers on a diverse range of legal issues.
- Supervises and conducts appropriate legal research for all pending legal work.
- May draft and file responses with various government agencies. May manage and track budgets.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Typically reports to Associate General Counsel. Areas of specialization is Employment Law.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Under regular pressure to meet deadlines, quotas and/or must frequently deal with difficult issues related to people or situations.